- “Low-Touch Attempts to Improve Time Management among Traditional and Online College Students” With Phil Oreopoulos, Uros Petronijevic, and Nolan Pope. Journal of Human Resources. Forthcoming.
- “Benefits left on the table: Evidence from the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act.” With Benjamin Castleman and William Skimmyhorn. Economics of Education Review. 2019.
- “Can Behavioral Tools Improve Online Student Outcomes? Experimental Evidence from a Massive Open Online Course.” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. 2018.
- “Computers and Productivity: Evidence from Laptop Use in the College Classroom.” With Robert Patterson. Economics of Education Review. 2017.
- “Charter School Unionization and Student Outcomes.” With Jordan Matsudaira. Economics of Education Review, 2017.
- “Could Trends in Time Children Spend with Parents Help Explain the Black-White Gap in Human Capital? Evidence from The American Time Use Survey.” Education Economics. 2017.
- “Reputation Tapping.” With Bradley Rickard and Jill McCluskey. European Agricultural Economic Review. 2015.
- “The Competitive Effects of Online Education.” With David Deming and Michael Lovenheim. Forthcoming in Productivity in Higher Education (Caroline Hoxby and Kevin Stange, Eds.). Also published as NBER Working Paper No. 22749
- “Innovation in Education.” With Jordan Matsudaira. In Dominic Brewer and Lawrence Picus, editors. Encyclopedia of Education Economics and Finance. Sage Publications. 2015.
- “Faculty Members on Boards of Trustees.” With Ronald Ehrenberg and Andrew Key. Academe. 2013.
- “How Much to Save? Decision Costs and Retirement Plan Participation.” With Tatiana Homonoff, Jacob Goldin, and William Skimmyhorn. Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Public Economics. [Draft Available Upon Request]
- “The Effects of Army Service in the All-Volunteer Era.” With Kyle Greenberg, Matthew Gudgeon, Adam Isen, and Corbin Miller. [Draft Available Upon Request]
- “Why Have College Completion Rates Increased? ” With Jeff Denning, Eric Eide, Kevin Mumford, and Merrill Warnick. [Draft Available Upon Request]
- “Timing is Everything: Evidence from College Major Decisions.” With Nolan Pope and Aaron Feudo.
- “Attribution Bias in Major Decisions: Evidence from Major Choice at the United States Military Academy." With Kareem Haggag, Nolan Pope, and Aaron Feudo.
- “Active Choice Framing and Intergenerational Education Benefits: Evidence from the Field.” With Benjamin Castleman, Francis Murphy, and William Skimmyhorn
- “How do Behavioral Approaches to Increase Savings Compare? Evidence from Multiple Interventions in the U.S. Army.” With William Skimmyhorn.
- “Parental Absence and Human Capital Development: Evidence from Quasi-Random Deployments.” With Andrew Johnston and David Lyle.